Search The 'Sip

Monday, October 5, 2015

Ole Miss vs. New Mexico State Uniform Preview ~ 2015

I think it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyways.  Ole Miss needed this game, bad.  Coming off of an embarrassing, blowout loss down in Gainesville at the hands of the Florida Gators, the Rebs needed an easy one.  Don't get me wrong, I mean no disrespect to the Aggies, but as a fan, I can look at this game from a biased perspective.  Last time I checked, I don't know any team that lost because the fans looked down on the opponent and didn't take them "seriously."  I know, I know, you're suppose to take every game seriously because this is football, and anybody can beat anybody.  I know the whole spiel, and as a former player/wanna-be coach, I'm the choir.  But as a fan, I can't see this game that way.  I see a good team, agitated and needing a confidence boost, playing a team with a significant drop in talent from their own.

On the flip side, the Rebels are beat up.  The Rebels feelings are hurt.  They fell from a lofty No. 3 ranking, predictions of a playoff spot with a possible number one seed, and being the favorite to win the SEC, all the way down to No. 13 or 14, depending on what poll you're lookin' at.  With that being said, it's probably not going to be easy or pretty.  Ole Miss has some problems. The most obvious is up front on the offensive line.  Don't forget the defense with it's inability to get off of the field.  There is plenty of work to do.  So with that being said, there is no doubt in my mind that if I can see it, then the coaches can see it.  Which means we can, at the very least, take confidence in knowing something will be attempted in trying to make adjustments.  Lucky for the Rebs, New Mexico State should provide just the right amount of live action to get this ship going back in the right direction.  Ole Miss needs this game for some sort of redemption, to work on the flaws, and honestly, to take out some frustration.  The 0-4 New Mexico State Aggies happened to draw the short straw.

As far as the uniforms go, the official word is that fans need to wear Red.  I would say that means the Rebs will we coming out in the Red jersey, which I love, but that doesn't necessarily reflect the jersey color.  It is almost impossible to try and predict the pants option.  I'm a sucker for tradition, so in most of my predictions the popular pick is the Gray pants.  But, going off of recent games, just because that is the option I think looks best, doesn't mean it's what the Rebs are wearing.  They could come out in the new white pants, which I will admit I like as well.  I can only hope that they do not decide to come out in Navy pants with the Red top, but it has happened before (AWFUL).  The Powder Blue helmets have been retired for the year, at least we think, seeing as some of them were on sale in the Rebel Locker Room last week.  So expect to see the Navy lid from here on out.  I think that I'm going to take the safe route with my uniform prediction, and present you with three possibilities we could see based on the Red jersey.


First, my homer pick, the Red on Gray.  Beautiful.


Second option, Red on top of the new White pants.  Not bad.


Then, there is this monstrosity.  Please no.

Curveball, they could fool us all and come out in a Navy jersey.  This seems to be a popular pick for out of conference games:


I guess it doesn't look that bad.  I'm just not a fan of the "REBELS" down the pants leg.  How 'bout we throw some stripes on those bad boys?

Where at?: Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, MS
Playing surface: Artificial Field Turf
Gametime: 11 am CT on SEC Network

No comments:

Post a Comment